Evolving Operating Procedures in Response to COVID-19
In the face of the extraordinary circumstance of the novel coronavirus pandemic, the Lazy L at Willow Creek B&B's operating designed to maximize the safety and comfort of our guests and staff. Because this continues to be an evolving situation, we ask that you bear with us as we adjust based on the latest information from federal and local health officials. We are confident that the measures we have put in place will allow you to have a safe and relaxing vacation!
- Check in and check out: While greeting our guests personally and sometimes sending them off with a hug is always our preference, to comply with current social distancing guidelines, we are shifting to a contactless check in and check out system. Since our reservation system already collects final payments and process receipts electronically prior to guest arrival, the need for credit cards or paper exchange will be limited.
On a table located in the inn’s entry foyer, guests will find envelopes containing their sanitized room keys, welcome letter, complimentary face masks, and directions to their room. The welcome letter will include innkeeper cell numbers to facilitate communications via texting. As always, the innkeepers will be on-premises and will happily answer any inquiries from an appropriate distance. As always, your four legged friends are welcome anywhere on the property, except in the swimming pool or hot tub (they are welcome on the pool deck).
To ensure the maximum amount of time for room cleaning, we have extended our check in time to after 4 PM. Guests arriving before that time are welcome to enjoy the outdoor amenities on site. For check-out, please just leave your keys in your room; everything else will be handled automatically by our reservation system.
- Enhanced Cleaning Procedures: As a dog-friendly B&B, the Lazy L has always upheld the highest standards of cleaning and sanitizing for our guest rooms and house. We use EPA approved cleaning products to disinfect surfaces, soft surfaces, and linens. In keeping with guidance from health authorities and the hospitality industry, we are increasing our cleaning frequency of high touch places (such as stair railings, door knobs, and light switches), and closing off some common areas (such as our Game Room) except for by-request use. In addition, we have made the following changes:
- To minimize cross-contact of surfaces, daily housekeeping freshening service will be discontinued to minimize the need for staff to enter the rooms. If you need service, such as new towels, shampoo, or trash emptied, please let us know. For guests with stays of more than 3 days, we will work with you to arrange a time for room refreshing.
- Breakfast: The Lazy L B&B’s gourmet breakfast will continue to live up to our motto that “No one leaves hungry!” We are offering an alternative private breakfast basket, served directly to your room, if you would refer to dine privately. Please text the innkeeper the evening (by 8 PM) before if you wish to utilize this option.
- Masks and distancing: We follow CDC and state guidelines on masking, so masks are currently optional in indoor public spaces. We will happily supply you with masks, if you need one. Hand sanitizer is also widely available throughout the property – remember, frequent hand washing is one of the most effective ways to keep yourself and others healthy!
Fortunately, with nearly 8 lovely acres to enjoy, for anyone wishing to keep distant from those not traveling with them, keeping safely apart while finding a cozy nook to relax should be a breeze!